Exercise 1. Составьте предложения, используя the Future Perfect Continuous Tense.
- By the beginning of April/my father/to work as the General Manager of this corporation/for fifteen years.
- By 8 o’clock/we/ to surf the Net/for five hours.
- By the end of next month/we/ to live/in this city/for ten years.
- By the end of this day/Dolly/ not to design/this fancy dress/for seven hours.
- Ted/to work/ as an attorney/for twenty years/by the end of March?
- Jack and Alison/to build/their house/for a year by Easter?
- My parents/ to run/this cafe/for six years/by next September.
- By 4 o’clock/ they/to play volleyball/for three hours.
- By 3 o’clock/the students/to write/the test for two hours and a half.
- By next Friday/Henry/to train/for the competition/for ten months.
Answers: 1. By the beginning of April my father will have been working as the General Manager of this corporation for fifteen years. 2. By 8 o’clock we will have been surfing the Net for five hours. 3. By the end of next month we will have been living in this city for ten years. 4. By the end of this day Dolly won’t have been designing this fancy dress for seven hours. 5.Will Ted have been working as an attorney for twenty years by the end of March? 6.Will Jack and Alison have been building their house for a year by Easter? 7.My parents will have been running this cafe for six years by next September. 8.By 4 o’clock they will have been playing volleyball for three hours. 9. By 3 o’clock the students will have been writing the test for two hours and a half. 10. By next Friday Henry will have been training for the competition for ten months.
Exercise 2. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в the Future Perfect Continuous Tense.
- By the 25th of December she … (to work) on this project for six months.
- By Saturday, Fred … (topaint) this picture for two weeks.
- We …(to study) marketing for a year by the end of the academic year.
- By tomorrow morning Laura … (to sleep) for twelve hours.
- … they … (to work) together for ten years by the end of May? — Yes, they ….
- … Nick … (to train) for four hours by 6 o’clock? — No, he ….
- By 5 o’clock Jessica … (to sit) at the dentist’s for three hours.
- By 12 o’clock the children … (to swim) for two hours.
- By the end of the day the workers …(to paint) this house for nine hours.
- By 6 o’clock in the evening we … (to wait) for his message for five hours.
Answers: 1. By the 25th of December she will have been working on this project for six months. 2. By Saturday, Fred will have been painting this picture for two weeks. 3. We will have been studying marketing for a year by the end of the academic year. 4. By tomorrow morning Laura will have been sleeping for twelve hours. 5. Will they have been working together for ten years by the end of May? — Yes, they will. 6. Will Nick have been training for four hours by 6 o’clock? — No, he won’t. 7. By 5 o’clock Jessica will have been sitting at the dentist’s for three hours. 8. By 12 o’clock the children will have been swimming for two hours. 9. By the end of the day the workers will have been painting this house for nine hours. 10. By 6 o’clock in the evening we will have been waiting for his message for five hours.
Exercise 3. Выберите правильный вариант ответа.
- By 6 o’clock Jimmy will be playing/will have been playing computer games for four hours.
- At 3 o’clock tomorrow we will be watching/will have watched a film.
- Will you be shopping/ will you have been shopping a bit later today? Can you buy me a bottle of milk?
- By the beginning of February I will have attended/will have been attending computer courses for four months.
- Don’t call Henry. I will have seen/will be seeing him in the office later, so I’ll tell him about the seminar.
- This time next week they will be cruising/will have been cruising round South America.
- The postman will be delivering/will have delivered all the newspapers by 4 o’clock.
- By the end of next month Mrs Wilson will have taught /will have been teaching for thirty years.
- Will you be using/will you have been using the printer for long? I need to print the article.
- By 5 o’clock tomorrow Fred will be receiving/will have received your telegram.
Answers: 1. will have been playing; 2. we will be watching; 3.Will you be shopping; 4. will have been attending; 5. will be seeing; 6. will be cruising; 7. will have delivered; 8. will have been teaching; 9. Will you be using; 10. will have received.
- Павличенко О.М. Английский язык. Грамматический практикум. III уровень. — 2-е изд., испр. и доп. — X.: Ранок, 2013. — 320 с.