Exercise 1. Дополните предложения, используя инверсию. Значение предложений должно быть одинаковым.
- We can go ahead and book the holiday, but only if you agree. Only if ………. .
- He only takes time off work when he is really exhausted. Only when he is really exhausted ………. .
- If you had paid in advance, you would have gone a discount. Had … you would have got a discount.
- He took such a long holiday that he lost his job. Such a long holiday … that he lost his job.
- I didn’t expect that I would have such a great time on holiday. Little … I would have such a great time on holiday.
- Refunds are not given for cancellations under any circumstances. Under no … for cancellations.
- We enjoyed our holiday in Spain so much that we booked again for next year. So … holiday in Spain that we booked again for next year.
Answers: 1. you agree, can we go ahead and book the holiday. 2. does he take time off work. 3. you paid in advance 4. did he take 5. did I expect that 6. no circumstances are refunds given 7. enjoyable was our.
Exercise 2. Дополните второе предложение таким образом, чтобы его значение не отличалось от первого. Используйте инверсию и до трех слов, необходимых по смыслу.
- We can go on with the plan only if you agree. Only if you agree … an with the plan.
- Edward won’t leave the house under any circumstances. Under no circumstances … the house.
- If you’d arrived on time, you wouldn’t have missed the beginning of the play. had … time, you wouldn’t have missed the beginning of the play.
- If I were you, I’d apologise. Were … , I’d apologise.
- He only asks for help when he’s really desperate. Only when he’s really desperate, … for help.
- Nicole didn’t realise that her mother was so worried about her. Little … that her mother was so worried about her.
- She acted so well that she was offered the role. So well … that she was given the role.
- I only watch television when I don’t have anything else to do. Only when I don’t have anything else to do, … television.
- She was so nervous that she kept biting her nails. Such … that she kept biting her nails.
- I didn’t expect that they would throw a surprise party for my birthday. Little … that they would throw a surprise party for my birthday.
Answers: 1. can we go 2. will Edward leave 3. you arrived on 4. I you 5. does he ask 6. did Nicole realise 7. did she act 8. do I watch 9. was her anxiety/nervous 10. did I know.
- Английский язык. 11 класс: учеб. для общеобразоват. организаций: базовый уровень/О.В. Афанасьева, Д. Дули, И.В. Михеева и др., Просвещение, 2016.