- 1 Exercise 1. Вставьте глаголы say или tell в правильной форме.
- 2 Exercise 2. Выберите правильный вариант ответа. Какие точные слова говорящего?
- 3 Exercise 3. Напишите предложения в косвенной речи.
- 4 Exercise 4. Напишите приказы в косвенной речи.
- 5 Exercise 5. Перепишите предложения в косвенной речи как в примере.
- 6 Exercise 6. Задайте вопросы в косвенной речи как в примере.
- 7 Exercise 7. Напишите предложения в косвенной речи как в примере.
Exercise 1. Вставьте глаголы say или tell в правильной форме.
- He … me to meet his brother outside the shop.
- Sarah … that she wanted to take up a new hobby.
- «I’ll see you tomerrow,» Page … Bill.
- Sue … to me that she had sprained her ankle while playing football.
- «I’m feeling much better today,» Phoebe… .
- «Stop laughing at me!» Hanna … to Peter.
Answers: 1. told 2. said 3. told 4. said 5. said. 6. said.
Exercise 2. Выберите правильный вариант ответа. Какие точные слова говорящего?
1.- Did Emma go to Sarah’s party?
— She couldn’t. She said she has to/ had to get up early the next day.
2.- Where is Tom?
— He is sleeping. He said he has/had a headache.
3. — Is Bill coming to the cinema tonight?
— Yes. He said he would/will meet us at the main entrance.
4. — Have you seen Nelly?
— Yes. She said she went/was going shopping.
5. Sandra is moving to her new flat.
— Yes. She told me she was needing/needed help.
6. Will Nina be at the gym today?
-No. She said she felt/had been feeling all all day.
Answers: 1.had to, «I had to get up early tomorrow.»2. had, «I have a headache.» 3. would, «I will meet you at the main entrance.» 4. was going, «I am going shopping.» 5. needed, «I need help moving to my new flat.» 6. had been feeling, «I have been feeling ill all day.»
Exercise 3. Напишите предложения в косвенной речи.
- «She doesn’t know the latest news,» he said.
- «I can store 3 GB of music on this,» said Nick.
- «We have been using this software for two years,» said Troy.
- «I’ve always loved this song,» said Betty.
- «She will copy the CD for me,» Tom told Bill.
- «I am considering a career in showbusiness,» Ken told his sister.
- «I downloaded the program for you,» said Jane.
- «I can’t get this device to work,» said Steven.
- «You mustn’t press this button,» said Fran.
- «I was plying video games all night,» said Bob.
Answers: 1. He said that she didn’t know the latest news. 2. Nick said that he could store 3 GB of music on that. 3. Troy said that they had been using that software for two years. 4. Betty said that she had always loved that song. 5. Tom told Bill that she would copy the CD for him. 6. Ken told his sister that he was considering a career in show business. 7. Jane said that she had downloaded the program for me. 8. Steven said he couldn’t get that device to work. 9. Fran said that I mustn’t press that button. 10. Bob said that he had been playing video games all night.
Exercise 4. Напишите приказы в косвенной речи.
- «Don’t forget to recharge the battery» Kate told Brian.
- «Remember to bring me MP3 player back,» Sam told David.
- «Be quite!» she told her son.
- «Turn your computer on,» said the teacher.
- «Don’t tell anyone what I said,» Elizabeth said to Jude.
Answers: 1. Kate told Brian not to forger (remember) to recharge the battery. 2. Sam told David to remember to bring her MP3 player back. 3. She told her son to be quiet. 4. The teacher told me (him, her, them) to turn my (his, her, their) computer on. 5. Elizabeth said to Jude not to tell anyone what she had said.
Exercise 5. Перепишите предложения в косвенной речи как в примере.
«Please, don’t move your leg, Andy.»
Mr Smith asked Andy not to move his leg.
- «Lift your leg a bit higher.»
- «Turn your foot to the right, please.»
- «Don’t take off the bandage.»
- «Stand up slowly, please.»
Answers: 1. Mr Smith told Andy to lift his leg up. 2. Mr Smith asked Andy to to turn his foot to the right. 3. Mr Smith told Andy not to take the bandage off. 4. Mr Smith asked Andy to stand up slowly.
Exercise 6. Задайте вопросы в косвенной речи как в примере.
«When did you sprain your wrist?» Jane asked Sally.
Jane asked Sally when she had sprained her wrist.
- «Did you cut your finger while you were chopping vegetables?» Tom asked Elena.
- «Have you ever broken your ankle?» Peter asked Alison.
- «Have you got a stomach ache?»the doctor asked.
Answers: 1. Tom asked Elena if she had cut her finger while she was/had been chopping vegetables. 2. Peter asked Alison if she had ever broken her ankle. 3. The doctor asked if I had a stomach ache.
Exercise 7. Напишите предложения в косвенной речи как в примере.
I surfed for the first time last year. «It is dangerous,» my mother said but I promised to be careful. It was an amazing experience and I felt like a bird! (Mark)
Mark said (that) he had surfed for the first time the previous year. His mother said (that) it was dangerous, but he promised to be careful. It was/had been an amazing experience and he felt/ had felt like a bird.
- I am having a great time skydiving in Spain. I’ve been here for nearly a week. There was only one nasty moment when my parachute got stuck. «Why did I sign up for this?» I thought at the time. Luckily, I remembered to pull the safety parachute, which worked immediately. (Katya)
- I taught my friends how to do parkour last week. It was thrilling because we ran like we were being chased. I am really happy because I can jump from building with me friends. (Paul)
- I am taking part in the Winter Olympics next year. It will be my first professional event and I am really excited. Reaching speeds of 70 mph on your board can be pretty scary at times, but I won’t stop competing until I’ve taken the gold! (Sasha).
Answers: 1. Katya said (that) she was having a great time skydiving in Spain and she had been there for nearly a week. She said there had been only one nasty moment when her parachute had got stuck. She wondered at the time why she had signed for it. She said that luckily she had remembered to pull the safety parachute, which worked immediately.
2. Paul said (that) he had taught his friends how to do parkour last week. He said (that) it had been thrilling because they had run like they were being chased. He was happy because he could jump from building to building with his friends.
3. Sasha said (that) he/she was taking part in the Winter Olympics the following year. He/She said it would be his/her first professional event and that he/she was really excited. He/She explained that reaching speeds of up 70 mph on your board could be pretty sary at times, but he/she said he/she wouldn’t stop competing until he/she had taken the gold!
- Английский язык. 8 класс: учеб. для общеобразоват. организаций/Ю.Е. Ваулина, Д. Дули, Просвещение, 2016.
- Английский язык. 9 класс: учеб. для общеобразоват. организаций/Ю.Е. Ваулина, Д. Дули, Просвещение, 2016.