Зависимые предлоги — это предлоги, которые всегда употребляются в определенных словосочетаниях с глаголами. Употребление других предлогов в этих словосочетаниях будет ошибкой.
Для выполнения упражнения Вам может понадобиться следующий материал:
- 1 Exercise 1. Вставьте предлоги of, with, on, about, at, to.
- 2 Exercise 2. Вставьте предлоги in (2), out, by, with, out.
- 3 Exercise 3. Вставьте предлоги under, in (2), by, at.
- 4 Exercise 4. Вставьте предлоги into, to, from, for, by.
- 5 Exercise 5. Вставьте предлоги by, in, on, out.
- 6 Exercise 6. Вставьте предлоги at, in, on, for, without, off.
- 7 Exercise 7. Вставьте предлоги from (2), to, about, for.
- 8 Exercise 8. Вставьте предлоги in (6), for, out (2).
- 9 Exercise 9. Вставьте предлоги for, of, with, in.
- 10 Exercise 10. Вставьте предлоги to, in, on, at.
- 11 Exercise 11. Вставьте предлоги in (3), on (2), at.
- 12 Exercise 12. Вставьте предлоги in, from, about, of.
- 13 Exercise 13. Вставьте предлоги for, about, from, with, in, on.
- 14 Exercise 14. Вставьте предлоги in, of, with, for, at, to.
- 15 Exercise 15. Вставьте предлоги to, about, into, with, of, from.
- 16 Exercise 16. Вставьте предлоги from, to, in.
- 17 Exercise 17. Вставьте предлоги on, of, in, for.
Exercise 1. Вставьте предлоги of, with, on, about, at, to.
- Mrs Jacobs is very popular … her students.
- Helen is very nervous … starting at her new school.
- You shouldn’t be jealous … other’s people success.
- Rania is very fond … her young niece.
- I’m quite keen … Maths.
- She’s good … drawing.
- Nadia is quite proud … her brother’s sporting achievements.
- They are very close … their parents.
- I’m not very patient … stubborn people.
Answers: 1. with 2. about 3. of 4. of 5. on 6. at 7. of 8. to 9. with.
Exercise 2. Вставьте предлоги in (2), out, by, with, out.
- When you buy things online, you pay … credit card.
- It is possible to pay … cheque.
- I rarely pay … cash.
- Suncare products are … great demand during the summer.
- This CD is … of stock at the moment. Would you like us to order it for you?
Answers: 1. by/with 2. by 3. in 4. in 5. out.
Exercise 3. Вставьте предлоги under, in (2), by, at.
- My sister has just started a great career … advertising.
- Jonathan will be … charge of the project.
- They were … pressure to meet the deadline.
- Charles is leaving … the beginning of the month.
- He had left … the time I got there.
Answers: 1. in 2. in 3. under 4. at 5. by.
Exercise 4. Вставьте предлоги into, to, from, for, by.
- Was this scarf made … hand?
- Why don’t we go to see a musical … a change?
- The Italian classes run from Monday … Friday.
- The play was translated … 10 languages.
- This doll came … England.
Answers: 1. by 2. for 3. to 4. into 5. from.
Exercise 5. Вставьте предлоги by, in, on, out.
- Tigers cannot be kept as pets. They are wild … nature.
- All the avalanche victims are … of danger.
- The 1906 earthquake left San Francisco … ruins.
- What … earth has happened here?
- When the old man saw his house … flames, he fainted.
Answers: 1. by 2. out 3. in 4. on 5. in.
Exercise 6. Вставьте предлоги at, in, on, for, without, off.
- We spent a week … the seaside last summer.
- There are many bikes … hire in Helsinki.
- You can find cheaper plane tickets if you decide to travel … season.
- We will send you the tickets by Monday … delay.
- The boat sank with three passengers … board.
- Shall we book our train tickets … advance?
Answers: 1. at 2. for 3. off 4. without 5. on 6. in.
Exercise 7. Вставьте предлоги from (2), to, about, for.
- You shouldn’t be mean … others or no one will want to be your friend.
- Never blame other people … your mistakes.
- I met a new girl at school who comes … Spain.
- Rachels really cares … other people, she’s so kind.
- If you are going to be absent … school you must bring a note from your parents.
Answers: 1. to 2. for 3. from 4. about 5. from.
Exercise 8. Вставьте предлоги in (6), for, out (2).
- Are these bikes … hire in this city?
- Who’s … charge of your baseball team?
- Have you checked if your climbing equipment is … good condition?
- Are you … favour of women boxing?
- You are unfit. Look how … of breath you are after coming up those stairs.
- I am totally … favour of contact sports.
- Losing this match is … of the question?
- Jack is … charge of the sports equipment.
- These golf clubs are … excellent condition.
Answers: 1. for 2. in 3. in 4. in 5. out 6. in 7. out 8. in 9. in.
Exercise 9. Вставьте предлоги for, of, with, in.
- My little brother is eight and still believes … magic.
- The reason … Earth Day celebrations is to create environmental awareness.
- Although she is twenty, she is still afraid … the dark.
- The Toronto Film Festival is famous … appearances by major Hollywood stars.
- The road was crowded … cars and buses heading for the festival.
- They got tired … waiting for the band to appear and took a walk around the park.
- She is interested … learning more about traditional celebrations.
- Everyone was pleased … the success of the Arts Festival.
Answers: 1. in 2. for 3. of 4. for 5. with 6. of 7. in 8. with.
Exercise 10. Вставьте предлоги to, in, on, at.
- be close … the city centre
- … the corner of the room
- … the corner of the street
- be … home
- be … a hurry
- … ruins
- go … the direction of
- live … the suburbs
- live …. a field
- live … a farm
- be … school
- go … school.
Answers: 1. to 2. in 3. on 4. at 5. in 6. in 7. in 8. in 9. in 10. on 11. in/at 12. to.
Exercise 11. Вставьте предлоги in (3), on (2), at.
- My new flat is right … the city centre.
- Laura’s house is … suburbs.
- Jane is waiting for you … the corner of the street.
- Harry grew up … a farm.
- It feels like I spend most of my time … school.
Answers: 1. in 2. in 3. on 4. on 5. in/at.
Exercise 12. Вставьте предлоги in, from, about, of.
- Jack asked Tom if he had heard … the Loch Ness monster.
- Have you heard … Tom lately?
- The Yeti has been part … Tibetan folklore for years.
- They didn’t succeed … locating the side.
- Have you ever thought … travelling abroad?
- They went … search of another way to reach the lake without been seeing.
- John knew … experience that the road was dangerous.
- They felt very nervous … going inti the haunted house.
Answers: 1. of 2. from 3. of 4. in 5. about 6. in 7. from 8. about.
Exercise 13. Вставьте предлоги for, about, from, with, in, on.
- John wrote to his cousin … the new website.
- Every new invention starts … an idea.
- Kate has every electrical gadget available apart … a games console.
- Creating a robot is much more difficult … practice than … theory.
- She relies … the Internet to keep informed about global events.
- He doesn’t like shopping so he uses the Internet to cater … most of his shopping needs.
Answers: 1. about 2. with 3. from 4. in/in 5. on 6. for.
Exercise 14. Вставьте предлоги in, of, with, for, at, to.
- What sort … music do you like?
- It was very nice … him ti invite us to go to the concert.
- Mozart is one of the best composers … all time.
- He is popular … teens all around the world.
- Some paintings … Congo the chimp were sold … a lot of money … auction.
- Daniel Craig stars … Quantum of Solace.
- He is famous … his landscapes.
- The paintings add value … the house.
Answers: 1. of 2. of 3. of 4. with 5. by, for, at 6. in 7. for 8. to.
Exercise 15. Вставьте предлоги to, about, into, with, of, from.
- Craig has got involved … a community action group.
- Jack thought … a good way to raise money for the charity.
- Have you ever thought … doing some volunteer work?
- People shouldn’t get a pet if they can’t take care … it.
- Many of the animals in the shelter have been rescued … bad homes.
- Jane burst … tears when she saw the neglected animal.
- If you show kindness … an animal, it will be a loving pet.
Answers: 1. with 2. of 3. about 4. of 5. from 6. into 7. to.
Exercise 16. Вставьте предлоги from, to, in.
- Obesity can lead … heart disease.
- Eat foods reach in vitamin C to protect yourself … coughs and colds.
- Simon is allergic … bee stings.
- Exercise regularly to stay … good shape.
- Ben is still recovering … his nasty fall.
Answers: 1. to 2. from 3. to 4. in 5. from.
Exercise 17. Вставьте предлоги on, of, in, for.
- She had difficulty … keeping her balance on the surfboard.
- Ted couldn’t face his fear … snakes.
- In spite of her disability, Claire never felt sorry … herself.
- Ann’s accident resulted … a severe head injury.
- Tom tried to keep his mind … winning the race.
Answers: 1. in 2. of 3. for 4. in 5. on.
- Английский язык. 8 класс: учеб. для общеобразоват. организаций/Ю.Е. Ваулина, Д. Дули, Просвещение, 2016.
- Английский язык. 9 класс: учеб. для общеобразоват. организаций/Ю.Е. Ваулина, Д. Дули, Просвещение, 2016.